Studiocharm Blog: She's a Winner

Friday, September 14, 2007

She's a Winner

I have to document many "firsts" that happen around here. Here's a little something that may often be overlooked on the list of firsts:
FIRST TIME TO WIN A PRIZE.
My dd received a call from our local library yesterday to inform her that she had won a contest. We were to pick up the prize at the library. I don't think A. knows what "luck" is, but once she saw the prize, she was feeling like one lucky duck! Here she is!


Can you remember the first thing you ever won? Mine was a cakewalk at the Halloween carnival when I was in first grade. I was wearing strawberry shortcake sandals (she was popular back then as well) with my pink bunny rabbit costume. I won the biggest cake EVER, and I even shared it with my siblings. I was on cloud nine. It was covered in chocolate frosting, and I felt like I had won the lottery (or at least the cakewalk)!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger beeswax said...

A-You have a better memory than I do. 'Course I'm lots older than you. I remember winning a "spirit" stick from a cheerleader at a football home game in 7th grade because of my enthusiastic cheering. It was a tiny purple-painted dowel. Cool.

Oh yeah, and in fifth grade I placed THIRD in the school spelling bee. Which was fine by me, because I just wanted a medal (I'm not so motivated by the bling nowadays).

September 18, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home