Studiocharm Blog: There She Goes

Sunday, September 2, 2007

There She Goes

. . . growing up so fast, like they said she would. She's off to kindergarten and there's no turning back. Please allow me to get a bit sentimental, as I am not prone to crying but I do feel the same emotions minus the tears.

This girl is normally not so chipper in the mornings, but all last week she was eager, giddy and just so excited to get to school. After summertime boredom at home, I think she was ready for a solid routine and some action-packed fun and learning.

So the first day of school arrived- and it took almost a month worth of her crossing out the days to get here! On the way to school I told S., "Do you know that you could make 20 new friends today?" Her eyes widened with excitement at that amazing possibility. Here are some images that capture that first day of school:

{Ready}

{Time to go?}

{Giddy. Anxious. Sweet.}

{There she goes. She gets so focussed that she almost doesn't look back, but she knows that I need her to --and for my sake she does.}

Here's to the next 13 years until her HS graduation . . .

Note- I didn't have time to cry after dropping her off, because it immediately began to rain and we had to quickly run for cover.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home